Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Beatles Had It Right.

"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”

I can't offer you much. I'm not that intelligent, so I won't always know what to say about any certain topic. I can't offer many educated opinions for or against something. I can't give you advice, or even much understanding. Because being at the point I'm at in my life, struggling everyday and looking for my own answers, I'm in no position to tell you where to go or what to do. I don't know that I will tell you what you want to hear. Because I don't know. I can't give you money. Like most of America, I struggle in that area as well, especially being a college student, on her own. Sometimes I won't offer compassion or sympathy. Because I get angry. And I get mean. Because sometimes things are just too easy to handle with such poise. I can't give you stability, because, these days, my emotions change at the drop of a hat. And I don't know where I am going to be from one day to the next. I don't know if i can offer forgiveness, even though I want to. I am working on that part of me, but it's going to take time, just like all things important. I don't make promises, because I simply don't believe in them. I don't believe it's right to give someone your word when you can't know that you can keep it, 100%, all in. And I don't feel bad about any of it because I'm allowed to have a say in my life. Because it's the honest truth. And because the only thing I can offer is the most important thing of all.

The one thing I can give you is love. And that's all that really matters in the end, isn't it? 
Love is all we need.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment