Sunday, August 15, 2010

To Whom It May Concern

Did it ever occur to you that I have feelings? That maybe, just maybe, what you did would affect me in the worst way? That you might be hurting me? That I'm a human being, not something to be toyed with? I guess not. Because you probably didn't even think about me. How I would feel when it was all said and done. How I would never be the same. How it would change me, my life.
You don't know anything about everything. You don't know how you took away my happiness, and gave me so much pain. You don't know that you took away my belief and trust in people. You took away my faith and hope in others. You took away the importance. You took away my love. And you took away my life. Because now, all I can do is regress. I can only see the bad in people. I don't know how to look past it and find the good. Because once you get burned, the scars are too visible to ignore.
Did you take into account that you're not the only one who would take something away from all this? That I held the most shattered pieces in my hands? That it would break me? That it would bring me to the edge? Because you didn't stop to think what the consequences would be in the end, you just took what you thought was yours, and didn't think twice. Because you don't care.
I cannot forgive you. Not until I feel I can. Because you brought it all down. You made me the person I never wanted to be, the person I hated.You don't know me. Just know that you were the worst thing that could have happened upon my life.
How do you justify your actions? When did it become okay to walk all over people? Push them away and act like it means nothing, like they don't mean anything.
News flash: I matter.
Because God is on my side. He is rooting for me to win, even when you want to me to lose.

I won't quit.

I will not give up.

I am going to win.

2 comments:

  1. You are strong enough to overcome hurts and pains and anything else that people throw at you.

    Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you're taking thoughts right out of my mind and put them into something I can not..words. Words can't describe.

    ReplyDelete